Pages

Tuesday 3 November 2009

Buddhabrot Flash - the one you've been waiting for!

Here are some initial renders of the Buddhabrot written in as3 - remember as3... not C++ or Java!

The images generated are 1200 by 1200 pixels. I'm not quite getting the desired effect - but I'm playing around and hopefully eventually I'll get there.

The image below shows a particular render at various stages in it's lifetime. The gradual changing of the colour is really quite hypnotic. Each render is 1200 by 1200 pixels.





This next one shows a single 1200x1200 pixel render where members of the mandelbrot are rendered as well as non members. Just click on it to expand the image!













Finally here is an example of the set being rendered in flash - I'll put up some nicer looking examples when I can work out how to get the working, but until then, enjoy! P.S this one takes a while to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment