Pages

Saturday 15 January 2011

Transparency and Reflection

I haven't posted anything new on my blog in quite a while. Most of my time has been spent working on writing a fully function Actionscript plugin for Gedit, which will (with any luck) improve the development experience for users of Linux.

Anyway I thought I'd post some eye candy, just a simple transition between two ASTrace renders. I be plan on working on a pixel bender filter to carry out these effects in real time. A kind of one-track raytracer which optimizes a single scene with a central sphere. This should be possible with two displacement filters, one for reflection and one for refraction. For now, here is a prototype without full 3D rotation (Click to launch then move the mouse left or right to change reflectivity):

No comments:

Post a Comment