Pages

Saturday 12 September 2009

Old physics engine

Working on the Buzz game has taken me back to some of the physics simulations/engines I've worked on in the past. There is an amazing game out there called Gish, and this little mock up game was inspired by that. In gish you play a blob of slime and you have to complete various obstacle-course-like levels. The physics engine is incredible and the blob of slime itself is made up of hundreds of Springs and points. I used a similar method to create my blob. Gish two is soon to be released, and the physics look to have improved a lot, here is a nice little video.

Anyway, here are a few screenshots of my attempt at creating the Gish Engine in flash.




And here is a flash demo so you can get a feel for the controls and physics (arrow keys to move, space to jump).


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment