Pages

Friday 11 September 2009

Buzz - New Game Project

I'm currently building a new game, so I thought I'd blog at each stage of the way. The game I'm working on is called Buzz and its a game about bees. You control a swarm of bees as they fly around levels trying to pollinate flowers as quickly as possible. I decided to write this game after hearing about colony collapse disorder - a relatively new term given to the phenomenon where bees abandon their hives. The disorder only effects honey bees
and has confused scientists everywhere.

I think that the most likely cause is environmental changes and not a viral conditions as some scientists have speculated, but what do I know, I'm just a flash developer haha...

So first of all I've been working on the game engine. I'm building the game tile-based just to make level creation a bit easier to handle and to keep up the retro feel that I'm going for.

Click here for an initial shell of the engine.

I'm having various issues with hit detection in the tile-based format but I will soon sort it out, You'll see what I mean. The engine runs quite nicely on my computer, let me know what you think. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment