Pages

Saturday 17 July 2010

Real Time Feature Point Tracking in AS3

Its a bit late, so instead of posting a long informative post about how feature point tracking works I thought I'd just upload some of my results from this evening. I think its quite exciting stuff. The image shows feature point tracking working relatively well on my pupils, and also on other facial features (the last two images). I am very pleased with the result.


A related project I have also been working on this evening is optical flow which I am close to getting 
working, here is a preview of what is to come:


Both methods are used in tracking objects in moving images and have been implemented in real time. I will post sample movies and some explanations shortly so you can play around with them yourself.


2 comments:

  1. HI,
    nice work. i'm searching some source code to implement in an application for my rovio to follow my face. Could you send the source code ?
    I'm searching for face detection and emotiv detection.
    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vince,

    A good open source project to look at is OpenCV, I'm not sure how useful flash would be for your rovio.

    Take a look at:

    http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/
    &
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCV

    ReplyDelete