Pages

Thursday 4 February 2010

Followers: 20,000 particles

I've been playing around with vectors and decided to see how many particles I could get to follow my mouse using bitmap data. Using 300,000 particles (nearly half a million) I clocked around 2fps, I decided to add a few more effects (colours, trigonometry for the following etc) and found the simulation to run at max fps up until around 20,000. Not bad at all and some of the effects look really pretty! Here are some screenshots, or just press here to run the app. You can use the slider at the bottom to change the number of particles from anything between 20 and 20,000.






The third picture above uses a blur filter on the bitmap data, some of the visuals created with this version of the program are really beautiful. Check it out by clicking the image!

No comments:

Post a Comment