Pages

Monday 1 November 2010

Some Beautiful Transparency Renders in ASTrace

My raytracing project has been on hold for a while as I have been fixing minor bugs and not really creating anything new. I am rewriting some features of the raytracer completely from scratch which will hopefully improve performance and clarity of the code. I will implement features such as bounding spheres for intersection tests, as well as possible octrees or similar to improve performance for large numbers of objects. Once the engine is working fully in flash I will port it to alchemy, and hopefully with those performance boosts the engine will be ready for distribution.

Here are a few renders showing transparency and reflection that I created last night. Both are the same scene with different sky boxes applied. You can download the full size images (2200 by 1600px) by right clicking and saving as:


No comments:

Post a Comment